Saturday, April 20, 2013
Dear Kern River Valley Club, Organization, or Service Group,
This is your invitation to be part of the 4th Annual celebration of local clubs, groups, fraternal organizations, services & their volunteers. This family event will have films for young children, face painting & Children’s Book, Clothing & Toy Exchanges. It will be on held Saturday, April 20, 2013, 11am to 3pm, at the KRV Veterans/Senior Building, 6405 Lake Isabella Blvd., Lake Isabella.
CONTACTS: Anna Leon, Chair (661) 978-8712 firstname.lastname@example.org Smitty Glass, co-chair
Spaces allocated on a 1st form/check received, 1st Served basis.
PARTICIPANT APPLICATION FORM
Last event in this year’s Living Green Festival
It was held Sunday, March 25, 2012, 11am to 3pm, Senior Lunch Room & Vets Hall #1, Kern River Veterans/Senior Building, 6405 Lake Isabella Boulevard, Lake Isabella. The South Fork Women’s Club provided a healthy LUNCH (Chicken Tosada) for $7 during the event. There was Face painting & Children’s Book, Clothing & Toy Exchanges on hand as well. 2 Kids’ films too.
The Kern County Fire Dept. brought up its Mobile Fire Safety Trailer along with Fermin Torres & several Fire Explorer Scouts explaining fire safety tips to kids & others.
- Alianza Recycling
- Alzheimer’s Disease Association of Kern County
- Burger King of Lake Isabella
- Clinica Sierra Vista WIC Progam
- Costco Wholesale
- Enforum Society
- Every Teen Counts
- Family Preservation Community Services Wrap Around
- Face Painting by Denise Bedford Peters
- High Sierra Wild Horse Sanctuary & Pockets the Burro
- Karen Hartfield, Fiber Artist/Jewelry Maker
- Kern County Fire Department – Mobile Fire Safety Trailer
- Kern River Ranger District, US Forest Service
- Kern River Valley Elks Lodge Anti-Drug program
- Kern River Valley Garden Group
- Kern River Valley Paiute Council/Nuui Cunni
- Kern River Valley Revitalization/Living Green
- Kern Valley Gays & Straights Against Bullying
- Kern Valley Healthcare District
- Kern Valley High ECHO program
- Kern Valley High FHA Hero chapter
- KUSD Family Resource Center
- Lakeshore Farmers Market
- Miss Michelle’s Schoolhouse (Kid’s book, clothing & toy exchange)
- Outside In Art Group
- Owens Valley Career Development Center
- REVA Responsible Ethical Volunteers for Animals
- Sequoia ForestKeeper
- South Fork Woman’s Club
- Stella’s Boutique & Beyond
- WEB Recycling/Salvation Army
There were over 100 raffle prizes worth more than $5,500 won at the Kern Valley Community Faire on Sunday, March 25, 2012. Stubs picked for early prizes returned for FINAL GRAND PRIZE DRAWING. In the raffle prize list at http://goo.gl/tOrPv, GRAY or ORANGE highlighted prizes are no longer available. Open prizes with no highlighting are waiting for winners to contact us to select & pick up.
During the Community Faire, raffle ticket stubs were selected every 20 minutes from 11am to 2:00pm; the exhibitors with raffle prizes were drawn at 2:45pm. Then all the stubs (including those who won earlier in the day), went back in the big jar for the FINAL DRAWING of the 5 grand prizes at 3pm. See http://livinggreenkrv.org/raffle/.
Kern River Valley resident Merry Shaimes won the grand prize, the $1,800+ Solar Generator. Half of the solar generator was donated by Steve & Elizabeth Nelson of Stella’s Boutique & Beyond, which is in the Swap Meet on Lake Isabella Blvd., across from True Value Hardware.